Television editor handles the responsibilities of editing the captured videos and adding special effects or adjusting the brightness and contrast of the video for better visualization. These editors cut together different angles of the picture considering the time aspects, clarity, performance and aesthetics to provide better understanding of the story. You will need a television editor resume when applying for the position of the TV editor in any production company. The resume for the TV editor will be same as the film editor resume or the photo editor resume with some common job responsibilities.
The Television editors convert the raw data into the final product by implementing their skills and making effective use of the technology. For working as an editor in the production industry, it is important that the candidate is under-graduate in the film or media studies.
The television editor transforms a raw footage of the film into the polished end product for broadcasting on the television. They use the computer technology and various tools for mixing the audio and video signals to produce a quality video. These editors are responsible for handling post production processes, making editorial decisions and molding the experience of the audience. Script editors may work for the TV shows, documentaries, music videos, advertisements, etc. Many editors are affiliated to different advertising agencies, television networks or national networks.
The script editor resume or the television editor resume should include the details of proficiency in computer skills, decision making skills and other related technical skills. Here we provide you the sample resume for the TV editor which will give you a brief idea of the details to be included in such resumes.
Possess the experience of more than 4 years in the production industry working as television editor. Gained lots of knowledge about the field and hope to share this knowledge with the company and train the assistants and help the company get benefitted.
- In-depth knowledge of video editing tools
- Comprehensive knowledge of technical standards involved in video editing
- Skilled in the use of photo editing tools like Photoshop, FCP, Final Cut Pro, Adobe After Effects, etc
- Good in generating text graphics and motion graphics
- Possessing valuable management and organizational skills
- Familiar with the methods and principles of audio and video editing
Assistant TV and Film Editor (June 2008 till date)
Prospect Publishing Agency, Orangeburg, NY
- Responsible for editing the film footage and adding the special effects to the videos
- Planned and managed the commissioning budget of the TV section
- Edited the freelance copy of the footage films
- Selected the pictures, developed the headlines and added captions
- Interviewed the people for the magazines and videos
Assistant Television Editor (January 2005-May 2008)
Visual Entertainment Group, New York
- Assisted the editor in managing the elements required for editing the raw film
- Made effective use of the editing tools to result into the final product
- Maintained the database of pictures, sounds, and time codes
- Responsible for generating high quality videos by effectively mixing the time and sound elements
- Play a key role in bringing the show online
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills like listening skills, decision making skills, group working, etc
- Broadcasting skills
- Knowledge of Arabic and English linguistic skills
- Interviewing skills
Bachelor’s Degree in Television Production (2004)
Texas University, Texas, USA
Sample resume for the television editor provided will help in framing a job winning resume. Include the necessary details on resume and write the job specific information.
You can get Sample Television Editor Resume here.