From_The_Net

How dare you feel warm

How dare you feel warm

http://imgur.com/8jRPxbl”>View Source

Share this Story
Load More Related Articles
Load More By admin
Load More In From_The_Net

13 Comments


  1. djscrub

    July 18, 2017 at 9:55 pm

    Hilariously, there is a U.S. Supreme Court case holding that employees can walk off the job due to uncomfortable temperature without termination or other retaliation, even where the employer is in the process of attempting in good faith to fix the temperature, and the employees who fought for and won this right were metalworkers. [*N.L.R.B. v. Wash. Aluminum Co.*, 370 U.S. 9 (1962).](https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/370/9/case.html)

  2. mariesoleil

    July 18, 2017 at 9:55 pm

    I’m sure the person who made this image would complain about plenty of things about an office too. I currently have a job where I have to be seated 95% of the time and it’s a struggle.

  3. juggilinjnuggala

    July 18, 2017 at 9:55 pm

    I worked in the security booth outside a smelting plant, My AC went out and I never felt worse trying to complain about something.

  4. voteslaughter

    July 18, 2017 at 9:55 pm

    [Steel mills do get pretty hot](https://youtu.be/yfgs9FRD25M)

  5. Funktionierende

    July 18, 2017 at 9:55 pm

    I used to work in a welding shop for a couple years, torch operator. Loved it – hard work, and hot, but good work and great people.

    Then I went out on the pipeline – was out there for six years, it was also excellent. Very hot or very cold, depending on the season (northern Alberta), but excellent work and good people.

    Then I got fucking promoted. Now I’m stuck in a damn office 90% of the time figuring out what other people get to do out there in the mud and the snow and the heat and the cold and *I hate it*. I miss it out there. I really do. I spend the other 10% of my time driving the lines, checking on people, making sure shit is getting done… You know, all the crap that pisses off the boots on the ground.

    I used to be in that frame of mind – hah, office wimps, bullshit job, that isn’t hard. But it is. The work itself isn’t bad, just a lot of coordinating and reading prints, but it’s sitting all day. It’s being stuck in here answering emails and handing out orders to the guys I used to work alongside. It’s staring at a computer screen, making phone calls, and trying to make sure we have enough work to keep all the boys on site, so no one has to go home due to lack of work. Being in the office is the toughest shit I’ve ever had to deal with.

  6. princess--flowers

    July 18, 2017 at 9:55 pm

    I mean, legit. I work in a glass plant and that shit is next level- I really don’t think people get what working in the heat entails till they’ve had a job, any job, where they have to do it. The amount of seminars I’ve sat through on working safely in the heat is nuts, the amount of money my employer spends on extra manpower, air conditioned areas, water and electrolyte replenishers just to make sure there’s a full crew who can work in summer is nuts. I’ve had a lot of jobs where the most expensive part of producing the product is keeping the humans safe. It’s kind of crazy when you think about it- humans are so fallible and delicate, yet here we are doing a job like walking on the crown of a glass furnace (which legally, you can do for twenty minutes every hour- crown work is expensive because of the amount of workers you need to pay to sitting around in $200 heat safety gear ‘at the ready’ to switch off).

  7. AdamGeer

    July 18, 2017 at 9:55 pm

    No Mustafar-related prequel memes in here? I’ll come back later.

  8. SpocktorWho83

    July 18, 2017 at 9:55 pm

    Spare a thought for those poor Geonosians working in the droid factories.

  9. jensenw

    July 18, 2017 at 9:55 pm

    Air Con… Con Air

  10. Dick_O_The_North

    July 18, 2017 at 9:55 pm

    My dad worked in an iron foundry and doesn’t give a shit. What now fuckers.

  11. kerbalcada3301

    July 18, 2017 at 9:55 pm

    At least from what I’ve seen, the guys that do the pouting have thermal and splash protective gear. It’s not a personal AC, but it at least takes the edge off of the heat.

  12. mazdapow3r

    July 18, 2017 at 9:55 pm

    How unfortunate for those steelworkers. Couldn’t get a real job? /s

  13. [deleted]

    July 18, 2017 at 9:55 pm

    [deleted]

Check Also

"Eva Mendes" Celebrity

Eva Mendes made her first splash in the ...

Advertisement

Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com